Skip to content BOOK ONLINE

Woman holding piggy bank

Direct Billing at
Windermere Chiropractor & Physiotherapy Clinic

To maximize customer satisfaction, we provide direct billing services to many extended health insurance companies.

Extended Healthcare Plans

We offer convenient ONLINE DIRECT BILLING* to the following groups and health insurance plans unless otherwise noted:

  • Alberta Blue Cross
  • Alberta Retired Teachers Association Benefit Plan (ARTA)
  • Alberta School Employee Benefit Plan (ASEBP)
  • Canada Life (Great-West Life)
  • Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan
  • Cowan Insurance Group
  • Desjardins Insurance**
  • First Canadian Insurance – Group Benefits
  • Green Shield Canada
  • GroupHEALTH
  • GroupSOURCE
  • Industrial Alliance
  • Johnson Insurance
  • Johnston Group
  • Manulife Financial
  • Maximum Benefit
  • Medavie Blue Cross
  • SSQ Financial Group
  • Standard Life
  • Sun Life Financial

*Not all services are eligible for online direct billing, and other plan restrictions may apply.

**Desjardins Insurance offers “Point of Care Claim Submission” only. Patients pay our office, and we can submit an online claim online for reimbursement to the patient.

If your insurance carrier does not accept online direct billing, you must submit your paid receipt to your insurance provider along with any required claim forms for reimbursement. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at your convenience.

If you have been injured in an automobile accident in Alberta, you are entitled to accident benefits coverage regardless of whether or not you were at fault for the accident. The benefits you receive depend on the type of injury you have:

If your injury is a sprain, strain or whiplash associated with disorder I or II, your primary health care practitioner (chiropractor, medical doctor or physical therapist) does not have to seek approval of the insurer for payment for management of these injuries if you provide notice of your claim. Your primary health care practitioner will be able to bill the automobile insurer for all services outlined in the “Diagnostic and Treatment Protocols” that are not covered by Alberta Health Care Insurance.

For all other injuries, if you choose not to follow the diagnostic and care protocols, you will need to pay the health service provider. You may be reimbursed for eligible expenses from your health plan benefits (i.e., Blue Cross or similar employee benefits plan) and then by your automobile insurer.

What to do if you are injured in an automobile accident:

  • See a Primary Health Care Practitioner (chiropractor, medical doctor, physical therapist) as soon as possible for an assessment of your injury and, if needed, advice for care.
  • File an injury accident report with the police.
  • Complete a Notice of Loss and Proof of Claim Form (AB-1), retain a copy for your records and send the original signed form(s) to the insurance company.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at your convenience.

We are only authorized to address Chiropractic WCB claims with Dr. Richard Poon. For patients who need WCB chiropractic care, please make sure you ask to book with Dr. Poon. If you are injured on the job, just follow the steps below, and we will take care of the rest!

What to do if you are hurt at work

  • Tell Your Employer: Notify your employer of the details of your injury. After receiving notice, your employer must report your injury to WCB-Alberta within 72 hours if you need medical care beyond first aid or you cannot do your job beyond the day of the accident.
  • Tell Your Health Care Provider: Tell your health care provider you were injured at work. Your doctor or chiropractor must report your injury to WCB-Alberta within 48 hours.
  • Tell WCB: Tell WCB-Alberta and send your Report of Injury form right away. You can get forms from your employer or the WCB forms page, any WCB-Alberta office, or report online.

The Claim Process

Once you have reported your injury or illness, a WCB-Alberta adjudicator will review your claim. Your adjudicator will determine if your claim meets legislation and policy requirements. He or she will contact you, your doctor, or your employer if more information is required to reach a decision. Once your claim is accepted, your adjudicator will discuss with you what benefits and services will help you return to work.

A claim requires ongoing communication and updated medical information. Your adjudicator may transfer your claim to a case manager who will work with you and your employer to determine the best return-to-work options available to you.

Our chiropractic, physiotherapy, and acupuncture services are not covered by Alberta Health Services.

However, your employer health benefits or personal health plan will likely provide some if not all coverage. Please review your health plan for your benefit coverage.

Windermere Chiropractor & Physiotherapy Clinic provides Direct Claim Submissions to some employer and private health insurance plans. Please see the above Extended Health Care Plans section for a list of qualifying insurance companies.

Contact Us Today

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Dr. Poon and his team at Windermere Chiropractor & Physiotherapy Clinic at your convenience.

Direct Billing at Windermere Chiropractor & Physiotherapy Clinic | (780) 628-2881